As a Retail Shelf Stocker, your main responsibility is to ensure the shelves are well-stocked, organized, and visually appealing to provide customers with a positive shopping experience. You will be responsible for replenishing merchandise, labeling and pricing products, and maintaining inventory levels.
- Location: 143, 4stWawanesa, MBR0K 2G0
- Salary: 14.50 hourly / 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Replenish merchandise on store shelves according to established standards and guidelines.
- Ensure products are properly labeled and priced, and that promotional signage is displayed accurately.
- Organize and arrange products on shelves to maximize visibility and accessibility.
- Monitor inventory levels and notify the appropriate personnel when restocking is needed.
- Keep shelves clean and free of clutter, ensuring a tidy and presentable shopping environment.
- Assist customers in locating products and provide basic product information.
- Collaborate with store staff to coordinate stocking activities and maintain efficient operations.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain knowledge of product locations, promotions, and pricing to assist customers effectively.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a retail or stocking role is preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to organize products effectively.
- Physical stamina to lift and carry heavy boxes or objects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet stocking deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required by store hours.
- Knowledge of basic math skills for pricing and inventory calculations.
- Familiarity with inventory management systems and handheld scanners is a plus.
- Carry customer’s purchases to parking lot and pack orders in customers’ vehicles
- Obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Direct customers to location of articles sought
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Record incoming stock
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Keep stock clean and in order
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
- Provide customer service
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Shelf stocker – retail:
What is a retail shelf stocker?
A retail shelf stocker is a professional responsible for ensuring that products are properly stocked and organized on shelves in a retail environment. They play a critical role in maintaining a visually appealing and well-stocked store for customers.
What are the main responsibilities of a retail shelf stocker?
The primary responsibilities of a retail shelf stocker include replenishing merchandise on store shelves, ensuring products are properly labeled and priced, organizing products to maximize visibility and accessibility, monitoring inventory levels, and assisting customers with locating products.
What skills are required to be a successful retail shelf stocker?
Successful retail shelf stockers possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. They should have good physical stamina as the job may involve lifting and carrying heavy boxes or objects. Effective communication and customer service skills are also important for assisting customers and collaborating with store staff.
What is the work environment like for a retail shelf stocker?
Retail shelf stockers typically work in a retail setting, such as supermarkets, department stores, or specialty stores. They spend a significant amount of time on their feet, moving around the store and stocking shelves. The work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and holidays to accommodate store hours and peak shopping periods.
How can I become a retail shelf stocker?
There are no specific educational requirements to become a retail shelf stocker. On-the-job training is often provided by employers to familiarize new hires with store policies, inventory management systems, and stocking procedures. Demonstrating reliability, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic can help you secure a position as a retail shelf stocker.
What are the career growth opportunities for a retail shelf stocker?
Starting as a retail shelf stocker can serve as a stepping stone to other positions within the retail industry. With experience and additional training, individuals can progress to roles such as inventory manager, store supervisor, or even move into corporate positions in merchandising or operations.
What are the qualities that make a great retail shelf stocker?
Great retail shelf stockers are reliable, efficient, and detail-oriented. They have a keen eye for organization and take pride in creating an appealing shopping experience for customers. They are proactive in identifying replenishment needs and can work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
How does a retail shelf stocker contribute to the overall success of a store?
Retail shelf stockers directly impact the store’s success by ensuring products are available and easily accessible to customers. Their efforts contribute to a positive shopping experience, efficient operations, and increased sales. By maintaining well-stocked shelves, they help drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
What challenges might retail shelf stockers face?
Some challenges that retail shelf stockers may face include working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment, handling heavy lifting, managing time constraints while meeting stocking goals, and adapting to changing product layouts or inventory systems. Effective communication and problem-solving skills are essential for addressing any issues that may arise.
How can retail shelf stockers enhance their skills and knowledge?
Retail shelf stockers can enhance their skills and knowledge by seeking opportunities for professional development. This may include attending training sessions offered by employers, staying informed about product trends and updates, and actively seeking feedback from supervisors to improve their performance.